Eat Me!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Roman Ristorante

3399 Kingsway (near Joyce/Collingwood)
Vancouver, BC V5R
(604) 436 4748
Service: Interior Atmosphere: Pricing:

This is a small Italian restaurant, right across the street from Safeway. With generous food portions and some decent olive oil, this place is worth coming back to. Its quiet little place, they have some lunch combo specials available for take-out. The generally have 2 price offerings, either $8 or $13. The $13 is the larger size and the pile of food is simliar to the size at Anton's, but more flavourful. We ordered some appetizers just to try them out. They have an interesting menu, you basically get to mix and match. Choose a general flavor/meat, then the pasta type, then a size. You're not stuck with tradition combinations!

Focaccia & Olive Oil
Yummy! Toasted and crispy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside. This wasn't disappointing at all, not like some *ahem* other Italian restaurants (on Dunbar @ 17 ave).
Bruschetta
This was alright, not the best I've had. La Rocca's was pretty awesome.

Capellini alle Vongole
This was not what I expected, rarely do I have clams in a tomato sauce, but it was still yummy regardless. Can't really compare it to the garlic/white wine type that I usually get.


Spaghetti alla Carbonara

Linguine alla Venezia

Others' Input:
Roman Ristorante on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

eeScorpius said...

I really like your blog and I think you should start updating again!

karenkun said...

aw :D thanks .. @_@ yea I will actually .. work has been really busy from July - October .. but now I have more time! So I will be updating a lot more to catch up! :)

Elettra said...

WOW What dishes, it is true we Italians are very good in the kitchen !!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing these pictures, I will follow your blog

Missy said...

OMG! look at all those dishes one word....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
Missy
http://throughanindielens.blogspot.com/

karenkun said...

I generally think Italian food tastes amazing :)

Post a Comment